Chinese astrology is fascinating.
Dragon-years are good years for me, and this one will be no exception.
During the fall of 2012, the first leg of my journey toward becoming a college professor will be complete. I will graduate community college with an Associate of Arts degree and move on. Where to? Likely I’ll transfer to the University of South Florida-St. Petersburg, although I’m getting some nice emails (and even gift baskets with chocolate!) from other schools.
I’m going to focus more on writing fiction in 2012. 2011 was my toughest academic year thus far, and I was pressed to make it through this fall with only a slight dent in my GPA. I wrote lots and lots of school-related stuff, but nothing I could submit for fiction publication. That will change.
- I have a few stories to finish for the horror and sci-fi/fantasy collections.
- When We Were Kings, fantasy, origins story. I can’t say any more without spoilers, but I LOVE this one!
- Kill the Crow, horror. Revenge is black and feathered!
- Eyes in the Dark, horror.
- Lighthouse Man, science fiction
- And a few others
- Novella, novel: I’ve been planning a harpy novel, but the Muse won’t leave me alone about the “Journey of the Misbegotten.” Imagine an alternate world, with an alternate Hell. Imagine the devil as a mad scientist named Howard and his minions are his genetically tampered amalgamations. When Howard the Evil Creator’s greatest possession (the nine oracular pigeons) go missing, he sends a crack team of his sorriest amalgamations on a quest to track them down.
- I’ll be writing another Literary Mix Tape story, I hope. About the song Hotel California.
- Harpy novel. Hope I can get it started this year. Thanks to Laura Meyer for helping me think through my MC’s name: Mallory.
- Keep working on “The Mages of Morrow” novel. Really, I’ve written over 50,000 words on the thing. I’d like to see it go somewhere!
- BLOGGING! Going to do more of it. Still going to do prompts and such, but I want to start putting up more regular posts…regularly.
Several good things are planned for 2012. Some of them even include dragons. 😉